Monday, January 16, 2012

Baby Dream Numero Uno

Pregnancy brings about all sorts of weird dreams.  Last night I had a dream that I was having the baby.  I'm guessing it's not the last one I'll have in the next few months.  Here's how it went...

I was in the hospital.  But no one was in the room with me.  I kept calling for Dustin, but he was downstairs getting a snack or something.  Then all of a sudden I knew it was time, so I just pushed the baby out!  Real quick.  And then I grabbed it and just held it, calling for Dustin some more.  Then it occurred to me that I didn't know the baby's gender, so I looked down and saw it was a boy.  And I thought, "Oh crap, we didn't pick out a boy name yet."

So I just kept holding the slimy, nameless baby boy until Dustin finally got there to cut the cord.

Then the baby went to the nursery, and I went to a fundraiser in a gym.  And ran into my doctor there (Note: in my dream, my doctor was not the same guy as my real life doctor.)  He asked how it went.  I said, "Well, I only had to push the one time.  I felt like I was gonna poop, so I just pushed him right out!"  And then he gave me a hug and told me good job.

That's it.  I really hope it doesn't go like that in real life.

2 comments:

  1. bahahahahaha, lol, I don't know Dustin, but the fact that you said he was "getting a snack or something" totally reminded me of my real life birth story when Nate basically dropped me off saying "since its gonna be a while I'm gonna go get some lunch" 30 minutes later I'm calling him frantically telling him he better get back because THE BABY IS COMING!!! However, I pushed 3 times, so maybe not so similar, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have weird dreams all of the time! This made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete