Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I Feel A #2 Coming On...

I feel a #2 coming on.

That's how I wanted to announce on FB that we were pregnant with our second kid.  Dustin thought it wasn't classy at all.  I believe his exact words were "You're disgusting."  So I'll just make it a blog title instead.

Yep, we're having another one!  It has been quite a journey to say the least.  We've been trying for almost a year.  I was on some fertility meds to help the process along.  And God's timing is perfect.

That's what made this year so bearable.  Knowing that God's timing is perfect.  He's already showed us that.

We were not planning to start a family as soon as we did.  Jack was a surprise to us.  But not to Him.  He knew exactly when we were supposed to get pregnant with him (6 months after our wedding).  He knew exactly how and when to make Jack happen.  And Jack is awesome.  I wouldn't want him any other way, or any other time.  God knew what He was doing.  Typical.

So with this one, even though we weren't getting pregnant when we thought we wanted to, we knew that God had this one.  He was gonna make our kid exactly how and WHEN he/she was supposed to be.  And he waited until my 6th month on Clomid.  The last month that I was allowed to take it.  Pretty much the last try.  We weren't going to go any further down the fertility road.  Adoption has always been (and still will be) in our future, so that was gonna be our next step.  If we didn't get pregnant in November.  But AS IT TURNED OUT, we did get pregnant in November.  Yay God.

God has taught us so much in the past year, and I know He's gonna teach us even more as we grow our family.  That's what He does.

And here are all the details for you detail people.

1.  I am due August 2nd.  Just 6 days after my 29th birthday.
2.  There is only one baby in there.  For sure.  We had an ultrasound and she checked extra good.

Thanks to everyone who prayed for us, by the way.  I totally forget who all I told we were trying, but if you prayed for us anytime along the way, thank you.  Our journey was not nearly as difficult as a lot of couples.  We are truly thankful.

There are more AS IT TURNED OUT moments in our story.  I'll save those for another post.  Stay tuned.


2 comments:

  1. Well, the Everingham's knew you were trying and I for one said a few little prayers. Those little ones are always a blessing and I get so excited when people share the awesome news of getting another one no matter how it gets to you. Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool Kendra. His timing IS perfect.....I have such a roller coaster ride of a story of infertility/trying for years/lots of drugs/lots of $ down the drain to reveal God's perfect timing (with both kids). And once again, He shows up to say, "I'm not finished yet....you have more creating to do, you may think you are "too old" for this" but MY timing is perfect.....so here we go on this ride again!

    ReplyDelete