Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baby Dreams #3 and #4

I've had a couple more baby dreams lately.  

Baby Dream #3 was a couple weeks ago.  It was fairly uneventful, except for the fact that I could see through my belly into my uterus.  The baby was looking up at me with her head tilted sideways.  Her eyes wide open, like a little alien.  She was NOT cute.  It was actually pretty creepy.

Baby Dream #4 was last night.  I can't remember if I dreamed this during my 3 hours of sleeping on Jack's bedroom floor (using a teddy bear as a pillow) or during the one hour I actually spent in my own bed.  Either way, it was a weird one.  I had the baby.  Today, on April 1st.  I remember thinking, "Oh crap, she's way early.  I need to call Gordon and tell him I won't be at work this week!"  And again, just like Baby Dream Numero Uno, Dustin was not there.  He walked in a couple minutes later and I said, "Hey, I just pushed her out!  In one push!"  And again, she was NOT cute!  She had really weird hair.  And she weighed 5 pounds, 27 ounces.  (Um....math?)  

I then remembered that we didn't have our infant carseat, because my brother and sis-in-law were borrowing it (which is true in real life).  And then I remembered that my friends Eric and Amanda had to buy a new carseat for their little girl a couple years ago (which is true in real life), and I thought, "I should call Amanda and see if I can borrow Ellie's old carseat!"  And then I realized Amanda was sitting right next to me, on a couch.  How convenient.  (Wait a second....why was I sitting on a couch moments after giving birth?)

That's it.  I can only hope that our little girl comes out cuter than in my dreams.  

No comments:

Post a Comment